Sign up for Go Direct, where you can easily deposit your Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and VA Compensation and Pension payments quickly and securely.
- Eliminate the risk of stolen checks and reduce fraud
- Have more control over your money – your check doesn’t rule your schedule – your money is there when you need it
- Get immediate access to your funds from virtually anywhere – your money is in your account on your payment day – on time, every time
Direct deposit is the best way to get your money. It’s safer and easier, and it gives you more control over your money than a mailed check.
The Treasury Department will send an electronic message to 3rd Fed Bank on your usual payment day with the exact amount of your benefit payment from Social Security, VA or other federal agency.
Applying for federal benefits soon? Go direct from day one!
If you applied for federal benefits on or after May 1, 2011, you will need to get your money electronically from day one. So be ready to choose direct deposit at the time you apply for benefits. To get your money through direct deposit, here are three things you will need to know:
- The type of account you have (checking or savings)
- Your 3rd Fed Bank nine-digit routing transit number that often comes before your account number at the bottom of your checks*
- Your 3rd Fed Bank checking or savings account number*
*This information is often on your personal checks.
Receiving federal benefit checks? Make the switch today.
By phone: Call the toll-free Go Direct helpline: (800) 333-1795 (English or Spanish)
Online: Go to www.godirect.org to sign up online or for more information
In person: Visit your nearest 3rd Fed Bank location or a Social Security office
Go Direct is sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Banks.